PRC/VRC 9661 V/UHF Software Defined Radios are tactical radios capable to communicate in clear, encrypted and frequency hopping voice and data in VHF and UHF bands (30-512 MHz), and are designed to ensure electronic protection measures (transmission and communication security) by encryption and frequency hopping.
Due to the software defined architecture;
- Software Defined Radios support short and medium range tactical radio communication (CNR-Combat Net Radio), Wide Band Net¬work Radio (WBNR) to provide high speed data communication and advanced Electronic Counter Counter Measure (ECCM) techniques on the same platform.
- Existing waveforms can be upgraded
- New waveforms and features can be added
- By using different waveforms on the same radio hardware, different units can communicate with each other in the tactical field.
- 9661 V/UHF Software Defined Networking Radio (SDNR) provides continuous audio, high speed data and video communications and also supports situational awareness applications for the user in the tactical field. A wide operating frequency spectrum bandwidth of 30-512 MHz and high level Electronic Warfare Protection features provides much more field maintenance ability.
9661 V/UHF Radio is designed to be compatible to MIL-STD-810G Environmental Standards and MIL-STD-461E EMI/EMC standard.